Common Problems About The Filter Press
The filter press uses a special filter medium to apply a certain pressure to the object to make the liquid percolate out of a mechanical device. It is a commonly used solid-liquid separation device. It was used in chemical production at the beginning of the 18th century, and it is still widely used in chemical, pharmaceutical, metallurgy, dye, food, brewing, ceramics, and environmental protection industries. There are various problems in the daily use of the medium-pressure filter, and this article will solve them one by one.
1. What model of filter press is suitable?
First of all, we must determine the solid’s content of sewage. In addition, we have to determine the amount of sewage generated every day and the length of work. Then calculate the required processing capacity of the filter press, and then determine the volume and filtration area of the filter press. In this way, a suitable filter press can be easily selected.
Take the chamber filter press as an example. If it processes 100 cubic meters of sewage per hour and has a solids content of 8%, a filter press with a filter chamber volume of 8 cubic meters is required. You can choose a filter press with a filtration area of 500 square meters.
2. What moisture content of the filter press mud cake is qualified?
The filter press can realize the solid-liquid separation of sludge. Generally, the moisture content of the sludge before entering the filter press is above 90%. After the filter press is processed, the moisture content of the filter cake can be reduced to 30%-60%. Direct transportation. According to the different materials, before entering the filter press, add appropriate flocculants to the materials to condense the solid matter together, thereby speeding up the filtration speed and improving the filtration effect.
3. How long can the filter cloth last?
The service life of filter cloth is generally 3-6 months. To ensure the filtering effect and prolong the service life of the filter cloth, if the filter cloth is not used for a long time, the filter cloth should be cleaned, dried, and stored in a dry place. In the case of the high frequency of use of the filter press, if the filter cloth is found to be damaged, it should be replaced in time.
4. What are the wearing parts of the plate and frame filter press equipment?
Filter cloth, faucet, and sealing ring are common wearing parts. It can be replaced in time according to the usage.
5. How to clean the filter cloth?
1) Remove the filter cloth from the filter plate, soak it in water, and gently brush off the debris on the surface with a brush. 2) Clean the filter cloth with a high-pressure water gun.
3) Use the special automatic cleaning device of the filter press to clean the filter cloth.
6. What are the reasons for the uneven mud cake of the filter press?
1) The installation position of the distributor is too high, and the position of the distributor cannot be adjusted.
2) The distributor is partially clogged, resulting in an uneven spread of the cloth, and the clogging needs to be removed.
3) The mud rake is severely worn locally, which reduces the filtering effect of the local sludge. After entering the pressing area, it still shows strong fluidity, and the damaged mud rake needs to be replaced in time.
4) The uneven wear of the reverse wiper plate is wavy, resulting in uneven mud thickness in this area, which needs to be replaced.